On behalf of Canada Mongolia Chamber of Commerce (CMCC) team, I would like to thank Mr. Mehmet Durmus, CEO of the Turkish Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Ms. Medina Peco, President of the Association of Balkan Canadians for inviting us to partner on this event! We are strong believers in promoting our graduates and building opportunities for the future.
In 2014, CMCC created a Mentorship Program for current and new graduates. Since June 2014, we've been working with students/graduates in sectors such as construction, mining, agriculture/food & international development for cultural exchanges between Canada and Mongolia. Thereby, helping our Mentees to make advancements in their careers as well as providing guidance during their studies in Canada.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Bolor Sambuu & CMCC Team
We would like to thank everyone who came to the exhibition for their enthusiasm and interest in Mongolian art and culture. Special thanks to the Embassy of Mongolia in Canada for their continuing support and donation of books to the East Asian Library. This event would not have happened without Aligali.co's Edwin Michielsen and his keen interest in Mongolia.
We would also like to thank Stephen Qiao and Lucy Gan from the Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library of University of Toronto for working together with us, despite the short notice. Thank you to our speakers: Amai for sharing his travels and experiences with us; and Prof. Jennifer Purtle of University of Toronto for the very insightful lecture about Mongolian calligraphy and art.
Thanks to Chef Nuka for the delicacies he prepared for us and we would like to have more opportunities to try such Mongolian cuisine. Thanks to Uyanga Dash, who dressed up and promoted Mongolian "deel" at the event and Kali Dari for the beautiful photos she took.
Canada Mongolia Chamber of Commerce would like to thank Zolzaya from Mongolian Canadian Association for giving us this opportunity and for bringing their Mongolian Art Exhibition to our lovely city of Toronto. Last, but not least, special appreciation to the artists, Amarsanaa Lhagva, Enkhtaivan Ochirbat and Gantulga Tumendemberel for making such a long trip to be at our event. We hope to organize many more of such events.
Thank you all for your support,
We would like to thank our corporate members for their support and involvement:
• Mongolian Investment Banking Group – Bilguun Ankhbayar, CEO is a graduate of Dalhousie University and has operated MIBG in Ulaanbaatar since 2012. MIBG is a dedicated provider of corporate financing and capital market transactions for the mining and resources sector.
• Pycap Venture Partners – Stewart Browne, CEO. Pycap is a unique venture capital fund that allows accredited and retail investors a diversified way to access the high return potential of Startup Tech.
• Cover Mongolia – Mogi Badral, CEO. Cover Mongolia is a market intelligence firm based in Ulaanbaatar.
• MDJ Capital Inc. - Marc Johnson, CEO. MDJ Capital Inc. is an advisory firm for resource sector companies seeking access to Canadian capital markets.
• Word Link Translation Services - Enkhee Jigjid, founder. A Toronto-based translation agency specialising in Mongolian, Russian, Japanese and English translations.
We would also like to thank our sponsors and collaborators:
• Julius Baradi from Gallo Wines
• Rachel Silva who has assisted us with the cheese offering from Monforte Dairy
• David Hennessy of ARC Toronto, a newly opened artist resource centre and studio
• Umar Khan of GTA Photography